Monday, March 17, 2008

back after a short hiatus



I am back to blogging after a short hiatus and am hopeful that this time I will be able to post more often. My addiction for crochet has increased and I have now progressed to crocheting wearables!!! I just finished a v neck sweater vest. The pattern came from here.

I don't usually wear pullovers and so I changed it to a cardigan but ran out of yarn when I finished the front and back.

I have also been working on small thread pieces to satisfy my instant crochet urge and as part of the crochet along that I participate in here. I finished the semicircle purse from here

I made mine with local yarn called RS Dori here in Chennai and I am so in love with this thread. The shopkeeper sold it to me as macarame braid but I am enjoying it for my crochet. I used the same thread to make friendship bands last year and a couple of Nordstorm bags this year. I have not yet lined my purse and use it to carry my keys and mobile on my morning walks.
I also made this same pattern in size 20 rayon thread to be used as a keychain purse but I am yet to add a zipper and the keychain part to it.

And finally my best piece in thread crochet so far a necklace/choker for moi!!! I modified the edging pattern from here

I made mine with the same size 20 rayon thread in turquiose blue and cream/gold with pearl lorials(beads) and attached an adjustable rope to it.

Hope you all enjoyed looking at my work just as much as I enjoyed working on them.

Ciao!

6 comments:

Pearlin said...

Lovely stuff you've crocheted!
Purl
http://mom2am.wordpress.com

radhika said...

Hi,
The choker is superb......
Where Do you buy your yarn supplies in chennai?

http://iaminchennai.wordpress.com

Srividya said...

Hi,
Is this R.S Dori, a shiny kind of thread.Your necklace is so pretty, didnt think it was crocheted.:)

Sona said...

HI!

I stay in Chennai too. Where did you buy this RS Dori yarn?

Sona

TEZUKURI NEUSA Artesanatos feitos no japao said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TEZUKURI NEUSA Artesanatos feitos no japao said...

Hello thank you for visiting, you pick which one you want some, please, if you want to pick some of them tell me what you want or all wipes hugs Neusa is always welcome to my blog, your blog adoreiiii, beautiful crochet congratulations